Saturday 24 July 2010

you say you missed me

you say you missed me
so how come
every time you say that
i feel like i'm being shot between the eyes
and i feel a sharp shooting pain all down my left hand side

you say i don't say much any more
but when you said that
you were talking over me

you say i don't hold you any more
but if i grabbed you right now
in the way i want to
one of us would be very alone
and the other
very dead

you say we don't make love any more
by making love
do you mean
having a sudden fixation with downing rum
grabbing my crotch in public
looking at me
with your one good eye
and saying
"do you want to do it"
and me saying
"no
that would be more like rape"

you say you missed me
and every time you say that
a bullet marked love
spirals into my face
splinters my skull
and the blood of affection
spurts all over you

(c) Dave Selby 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment